Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yummy Pear

We have totally been enjoying the nice days that have been given to us this Spring. I told Andrew awhile back that I really wanted patio furniture for the deck. He hunned and honned without saying much so I started looking on craigslist. I found a set that looked good but most importantly had an umbrella for us faired skinned people. I visioned myself sitting under the umbrella all summer long while Jane played in a pool (we still need to buy this part of the vision). Anyway I got Andrew to come with me to take a look and we ended up buying the set. I have absolutely loved having it. Any day it's nice we go out back and enjoy the fresh air. Today is a beautiful day here in Denver. We started off with a walk at 7:30 and didn't even need jackets. After showers we enjoyed a pear on the deck. When I got done eating what I wanted to eat I gave the rest to Jane to finish off. I was proud of her ability to eat the whole thing. Here is a picture of her sorting through the steam and seeds.


(Poor girl has to wear a sweater so her arms don't get burnt because her mom is too lazy to put sunscreen on)

Hear is a picture of what was left when she got through with it.

Here is little Ren asleep on my chest missing out on eating the yummy pear.


I love Spring!!! The simplest things like eating a pear outside can be so much fun.

We finished the morning with a picnic outside with our friend Samantha who brought us yummy subs from Subway but I forgot to take pictures. Now the kids are both asleep which means I better run if I'm going to get a nap in myself.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me. The only thing I would add would be a hammock:) I really am loving these blogs. I hope you don't ever get 'blogged out' because I look at yours everyday, sometimes twice.

Kristin said...

I envy your good weather. It snowed here today and again tonight. It's ridiculous! Freaking snow in May! I feel as if it will never get warm in Rexburg. sigh.

BTW, I put up a new post. :)

Megan said...

Hooray that you got some warm weather. I walked out at 6AM this morning to go to the gym and SNOW was covering the ground. Grrrr. I enjoyed your pictures and vision as well and I completely understand about the fair skinned part :) I have put jackets on Anna too, but lucky gal has her daddy's skin tone and is tanner than me - kind of sad on my part though!

Christy said...

The way you write truly paints a picture! I have to come over and check out the new set! Mike and I got the umbrella we talked about at Bed Bath and Beyond! SO, next time I am trying to capture my "backyard vision" you won't get burned! :-)
May is your favorite month? I'm not sure if I have a favorite month (Maybe December) but SUMMER - is my favorite!