Sunday, April 20, 2008

1968

Think back to the 60's, it sure was a decade of memorable events, or so I have been told. Apparently it was the decade that we landed on the moon, lost two Kennedys, and a gallon of gas was only $0.30. I only know these things from Johanna's 40th birthday party on Saturday. That's right she was born in 1968 and her husband Tom threw her a birthday bash to never forget. All the family and friends dressed in 1968 attire except for the birthday girl herself and her spouse. I would have to say the family was looking pretty good. Cynthia, the family's natural party girl, went all out with her costume.


Jen and Trav did awesome too.................


I would have to say Andrew and I were smokin' hot too but the picture of us didn't turn out so great so since I'm the one blogging about this whole experience I get to pick and choose what pictures get posted.

Here is Johanna looking very unlike 1968 cutting her own birthday cake and serving it. What is up with that?
Happy Birthday Johanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some of the kids enjoying the cake


The party was a lot of fun. Many of Johanna's friends joined the family to celebrate this wonderful occasion. The only thing that was disappointing is Reynolds got hungry during the second batch of Tom's excellent shrimp so I didn't get any. I was so sad. However, the best thing that happened is that Jane and Alex played upstairs for a good portion of the night and I didn't hear any screaming. I love that Jane is getting older so Alex enjoys playing with her more. They ended the night with a kiss on the cheek.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh man, Jane is so cute! I love her cute little rosy cheeky cheeks! And yes, I am an Obama supporter. Aren't you?

Megan said...

That is super lame that you didn't post any pictures of you and Andrew - you sguyd would look great as hippies ;) The party looked fun though - myabe because cake was involved.