Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Night Together: Three for Three

The plan has always been to put both kids in the same room but I've been a little hesitant to do so. Since Reynolds has been born he has been sleeping in the bassinet in the guest bedroom. Friends and Andrew have been asking me when are you going to move them together. I used to tell them when Reynolds was sleeping through the night but since he has been doing that since six weeks my more recent excuse has been when Reynolds goes to bed earlier. I have hesitated moving the kids together because I didn't want them obviously to wake each other up. On Sunday Jane took a really late nap since we didn't get done with church until 4:00 so we let her stay up a little later. I noticed Reynolds was getting really tired like an hour before he normally does so I told Andrew maybe this is the night we try to put the kids together. At 9:00 we put both the kids down and it was a perfect night. Then I decided I would let them nap together and Reynolds actually slept longer than Jane. I heard Jane talking in the room so I peaked in the door and she was standing at Reynolds crib talking to him. Since he was still sleeping I asked Jane to come out of the room. She ran to me while saying, "cute, cute, brother, cute". It was priceless. Anyway I decided I was ready to let the kids share a room. Last night Jane went down at eight and then I put Reynolds in there at nine. He cried for five minutes and he was out without waking Jane. Andrew and I woke up around seven and didn't even hear a peep from the kids. At 7:15 I looked at him as we were watching the news and said "maybe we should have done this a long time ago. " Finally at 7:30 I heard some life in the room. Being anxious to get on with the day I went in. Jane was just playing around and Reynolds was still sleeping so I woke him up. The third night went just the same. I kind of feel like a dork for waiting so long. I'm sure we will run into some hurdles but I'm in the shared bedroom for the long haul. Here is a little video of what I found the first day. Nothing too cute but thought I would spice up the post a little bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to jinx us last night!

Megan said...

Man you stink! No wonder you want more kids! I hope my journey is similar, but it won't be. Anna was a turd when it came to sleeping through the night. I am jealous once again of your kdis and your awesome mothering skills :)