Monday, April 7, 2008

Meet "Nolds"

When Andrew and I first started dating we had the talk of what we wanted to name our kids pretty quickly. I told him I wanted my first daughters name to be Jane and he told me that he wanted his first sons name to be Reynolds. Andrew Reynolds is one of Andrews favorite skateboarders and has always loved the name Reynolds. In fact, Andrew has incorporated the name Reynolds into various screen names, logins, and passwords. I think he secretly wished it was his name so he is living vicariously through his son. Anyway, I did not argue with the name thinking in my head what are the chances I will actually marry this guy. Well, obviously that day has came to pass. When we started to tell people what the name of our child would be the frequent question came up as to what we would be is nickname. People have come up with a few different things but I'd say Jane has come up with the best one yet "Nolds". It kind of sounds like nerds when she says it but regardless it has stuck with me, and I find myself calling him that all the time (FYI I love the name now). So here is "Nolds" he is really the best baby as long as he is not tired, hungry, getting out of the bath, being bugged by his older sister, and stuffed up(he is sick). He makes our home that much more fun and we feel so lucky to have him.

So when people found out I was pregnant with a boy they kept telling me that he was going to pee out of everything and to make sure his urinator was always pointing down when I changed him. I tried to follow their advice but there is really nothing ever to point down. I think this has a little bit to do with the lack of skin they circumcised and his chunky thighs. The doctor says that babies urinators that are really chunky tend to stay in the skin more. Maybe too much information for some. Anyway we have been pretty lucky to not have him pee out of too many outfits. However, today when I woke Reynolds up from his nap I felt that he was pretty wet. When I took off his pajamas this is what I discovered.




I tried to get Reynolds doing some other cute stuff but it's pretty hard to catch as this age at least for my son anyway. We have decided that he is kind of lazy, I think it's cause he is male.

4 comments:

Megan said...

-It is rare that there will ever be a time when I think 'too much information'
- Nolds is stinkin cute all smiley in the video and look so much like Jane
- You have only confirmed the fact that you should be my surrogate then raise my kids for the 1st year and then give them back to me. I forget about all the clothes you go through and all the baby stuff - Is there a way I can skip those parts with our future children?!

pamc said...

We love the pics of "Nolds" or "Rennie" He is growing so fast. I hope the blessing outfit will be big enough when the time comes. Keep posting pics of the the kids as that lets us see them almost day to day.
Loved the video of Jane and the ABC book. Give them both a hugh from G & G Cottle.

Kristin said...

Dude, your lil boy is going to be SO EMBARRASSED by that video someday. It's AWESOME!

Cynthia said...

I loooove him! He is so cute.