Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sleepless Nights

The weekends around our home have been a little bit crazy the last few weeks. Andrew was consulting for a company called TelePacific to help them do who knows what. I know it had something to do with updating their billing system. He has worked on a few different projects since he has been employed at Comverse but this project was his first "real" project that he got to see his work go through the whole process of "going live". The last few weeks have been crunch time so Andrew has been putting in a lot of extra hours. The last few weekends he has been pulling all nighters. This weekend was show time which I'm happy to say that Andrews part is done. I'm so proud of him and all the hard work he does for our family. I know that he puts a 110% into his work. I was over looking his shoulder yesterday as he was instant messaging with one of the guys he was working with. The guy asked him when the last time he took a nap was since they had been up the night before and were scheduled to be up all through the night again. Andrew responded "during the day but that he was fine". I asked Andrew what he was talking about since I knew that he hadn't slept a wink all day because he still continued to work. His response was that he needed to instill confidence in his co-worker that things would go smoothly. Being in previous managment I know Andrew is one of those employees who doesn't complain about his situations in fact does the opposite and never lets anyone know how hard he works. Well I know, and I'm so grateful to have a husband who works so hard and takes so seriously his obligation to take care of our family. Thanks Babe, I love you.


This is Andrew one morning trying to catch a few zzzzzzzzz before his day began. It's pretty sad when your husband brings your children to you when they wake up on his way to bed.


After Andrew was all done this morning after basically getting no sleep for two days he decided to spend some with Jane instead of going to sleep and then join the family for lunch at the original real Cottles. He is a great dad too!

5 comments:

pamc said...

I love the pics of Andrew and the kids, but where are you Sarah? Andrew, I hope you have been able to have a little down time since Sarah wrote the latest on the blog. Can't wait to see all of you. Love Mom

Cynthia said...

We don't recall having dinner with you guys.

Cynthia said...

Or lunch. So must've been with the fake ones. ha ha ha

Sarah said...

I said the original real Cottles. Just referring to the blog sites we're not taking sides.

Megan said...

The whole sleepless thing would never work for Ross - the kid needs like 10 hours a night to function - its insane. But I am grateful he works hard so I can stay at home too...some days ;) haha. What a good daddy Andrew is and what a chunk Nolds is - I swear he is getting chunkier with each post and I LOVE it!