Friday, April 4, 2008

Jane and the ABC's

So for a couple of months now Jane has been able to recognize her letters. One day she started to pull letters out of the tub and telling me what they were. I was in complete shock and had no idea that she knew them. I began to quiz her and found that she nearly knew most of them. For Christmas her Aunt Laura gave her a set of alphabet books which she loves and they have taught her the letters she was a little shaky on and also helped her to recognize words that start with each letter. For a few weeks Jane has been into singing songs so I've been waiting for her to bust out the alphabet song. A couple days ago she said song and then started to say her ABC's. In the video it doesn't sound much like a song at all but at least she is finally saying her ABC's without reading them. I know it's not perfect but I think it's still cute so I thought I would share.





3 comments:

Motherhill said...

she is soo cute and smart!

Kristin said...

Dude, she's so cute.

Megan said...

You guys made one smart cute little girl. I love the pig tails and I love how she selectively chooses the letters she wants to sing and point to on the book.