Thursday, April 10, 2008

Killing Two Birds With One Stone

Sometimes it feels like all I do is bathe children. I only bathe each kid every other day, but it seems like the every other day is everyday. I usually bathe Jane in the morning and Reynolds at night. Well I was so tired the other night that the last thing I wanted to do was give Reynolds a bath and I didn't. I feel kind of bad cause I asked Andrew if he would rather get Jane ready for bed or give Reynolds a bath and he quickly responded to getting Jane ready for bed. Well I didn't keep my end of the deal. So it was the next morning and Reynolds still hadn't had a bath and Jane needed one. I thought man I should be bathing the kids at the same time then it would free up one of my nights. Well my plan went almost perfect. The kids had a good time in the bath together. Jane actually started to bath Ren and Ren just smiled at her and cooed. When I got them all scrubbed I decided I would get Reynolds out first. I got Reynolds out, put a diaper on him and when I reappeared (I know I should never leave a kid in the tub alone but I was just at the bathroom door) I noticed that Jane had open the expensive baby wash for Reynolds and dumbed it all the tub. I was so mad. Jane got a diaper on quickly and went straight to time out.


1 comment:

Megan said...

DANG KIDS! Anna does stuff like that all the time when I am not looking - I think she knows ;) It is hard to get mad at her to when I know it is partly my fault since I should have been paying attention. Time outs will start soon with Miss Anna. Her doc said we would discuss them at her 18 month appointment - he mentioned that at her 15 month appointment when she hucked a clip board at his face....marvelous huh?!