Saturday, April 19, 2008

5 K


I did it! When I quit my job to stay home with Jane I thought I better start an exercise routine or I'm just plain lazy. I started to walk because it has always been my favorite form of exercise but after awhile I felt like it wasn't enough for me. I started to jog which was crazy for me because I alway hated jogging and always said it wasn't for me. Anyway when I ran my first mile without stopping I was stoked and then I got to two. My goal was of course three which happens to be a 5 k so I thought to make it official I would sign up and run one. Well I ended up getting pregnant and having a few complications which prevented me from running anymore. I'm pretty sure I met my goal but I was outside so I don't know exactly how far I went. Doesn't really matter cause when I started to work out again at my six weeks, I set a goal to run two miles without stopping. I did it pretty quickly and was quite proud of myself and then I set the goal to run three miles. Well in the meantime I starting running outside which I think totally killed my knees. I couldn't run for a few weeks cause it killed them. This week I started to jog a little bit and on Tuesday I felt pretty good so I decided that Friday I was going to go for my goal. Well here is the proof, I did it! It took me 32. 41 min not to mention I did do it on a incline of 2 (bit whoop)


I was happy with my time because when I ran the two miles earlier I did it in about 28 min. I must say I'm pretty proud of myself. I know some of you are laughing thinking running 3 miles is no big deal but it is to me and I never would have thought I could do it. Now I need a new goal I can't decided if it will be running three 10 min miles or running four miles. Heck maybe I will try to run the Boulder Boulder at the end of May which is a 10 k. What do you guys think?

7 comments:

Top Model said...

Way to go Sarah!!!! I'm so proud of you!

the coltons said...

geeze, i can't even run 2 blocks without stopping - i'm NOT kidding at all. you're an inspiration :)

Megan said...

A 5K is actually 3.1 miles :)

Way to go nonetheless. It was much longer after I had Annabelle - probably 5 months before I could run that far. I couldn't be more proud of you :)

Kristin said...

Good job sista! You rock!

The Smith said...

Congratulations Sarah! I think running 3 straight miles is amazing! With the weather warming up I went jogging outside for the first time last week. It was such a slow, pitiful jog that I'm sure it looked more like I was just bouncing in place to passersby:) You are an inspiration. Are you still going to try to run a 5K?

Sarah said...

Meg just for you info I did actually run 3.2 miles cause Andrew was trying to get a pic of my calories too and it took him awhile. So I did complete the 5 k but thanks for trying to ruin it for me, lol.

laura said...

your smoking me!!! better me than dope.. haha great job!