Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome to my Nightmare!!

I was recently tagged by Megan to do an interesting tag...You are supposed to take pictures of "real life"…..without cleaning, without touching up. When I read her post I thought no way am I doing that. First of all I didn't have the time at the moment and second of all my house is a pig sty. This week has been a really hard one for me and being on top of things kind of got lost in my weariness. When I woke up today I checked my e-mail and saw that I had received one from Megan telling me that I wasn't off the hook. I laughed in a moment of frustration of another night of little sleep due to two waking kids at different times and dreaming about vampires and werewolves. Last night I did try to go to bed earlier to get catch up on some z's but then Andrew came home from his softball game and needed to give me every detail of his plays or the lack thereof. Anyway I decided to take the opportunity to rant about some of my frustrations.

1. the laundry room


What is that on top of my washer and dryer? That's right it's my shoe rack from my closet. Andrew has been working on a project in the sub floor for what seems like months but has only been a couple weeks. The shoe rack is usually stored over the door to get down there. Umm, do you think it would be too much to ask to put it back when he was done? It's driving me crazy I can't throw all the kids dirty close in the wash and treat them with stain remover. I guess I could move it but that would only be too easy.

2. favorite room

My room. Like i said I just woke up. I'm actually pretty good at making our bed each day. I used to think that making your bed was the stupidest thing but now I can't stand having it unmade it just makes the room feel so dirty.

3. what the kids are doing



Jane eating Kix for her first time. She has gotten so particular with what kind of cereal she wants. Today I offered her Wheaties and Cheerios and when she said no to both I knew she looking for the box of life. I quickly offered her a new kind, Kix to throw her off. It worked. Reynolds just chilling, while I took pictures, waiting to be fed.

4. favorite shoes


What's so cute about these shoes? I don't really know I just love them. I found them in Richfeild, Utah while we were down there for Christmas in '06 for the right price of 18 dollars. Pretty pathetic I haven't bought a new pair of shoes since then expect for my running shoes. I really should pamper myself more.

5. the toilet




6. Kitchen sink -




7. the refrigerator. Pretty much a mess!!!



Can you spot all my ground beef in the freezer. I would give anything for a second freezer. My latest buy was a bunch of hot dogs for 59 cents. That should keep Jane happy all summer long. I even scored some ball park turkey dogs for 9 cents because they had a 50 cents off coupon on the package.



8. self portrait - Yeah right, in your dreams. I've been so un-photogenic lately not a chance I'm posting a picture of myself. I will just leave Megan's up for the gift of this experience. Megan said "I feared this more than taking pictures of my house. Post shower...pre-make up. Plus there is no one to jump in the picture with me to shift the focus...I do not like self-portraits. This was the most difficult to not want to 'clean up.' Ugh."






9. the closet.

I actually cleaned out the bottom of my closet. Now I just need to work on the top.

10. dirtiest room

hmmm Andrews projects again. I wish I just had a room to give him that I never had to look at or had to worry about cleaning.


11. dream vacation




Yesterday when both the kids were crying because they both did not nap for longer than 30 minutes I closed my eyes and imagine I was here. My personal tropical paradise. What ever it takes to not kill your kids right?

I tag Christy, Kristin, Erin, Jessie and Cynthia











3 comments:

Megan said...

I hear on the late nights. Ross is a night owl and I am a morning person...things are ....interesting. He always wants to talk to me when we are goig to bed and I want to sleep. But its all good...I enjoy those times as well, just not when I am trying to get my butt out of bed the next morning!

Your house isn't even dirty...especially considering you have 2 kids!

I think you need some new shoes...definitely need to pamper yourself more.

I want to go on that vacation with you. Maybe we could leave our husbands with the kids...they would just let them run a much with they watched ESPN.

But mostly, I can't believe you put that stinkin picture of me without make up on your blog! I will get you for that. Yes. Yes I will.

Christy said...

It will be a cold day before I actually POST pictures of my filthy house for all to see! It's bad enough that my dear dear friends and neighbors stop by to see the filth (always ok, I just feel the need to warn them and ask that they not judge me) - but "E" world doesn't need to get in on the dirtyness that has become our house! I admire you for doing that - but your dirty room looks like my cleanest. Need I say more.... I think not.

Jessi said...

Sarah, your idea of a messy house is sort of pathetic:) You have 2 kids, your house should be much worse:) As for the shoes, they are so totally you, and so totally cute...but I agree, it is time to replace them. I got some Mudd's from DWS in Superior when I was out there last summer for only $7! I love them! If you have one closer to you I suggest checking it out. O' and thanks for tagging me, I will try my best to hop to it.

PS- Megan, you don't have anything to worry about. When I scrolling through the blog I thought, "O, who is that cute girl Sarah posted a picture of?"