Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Talented Erin Colton

This is my beautiful sister in-law Erin. She currently has a different hair style but I must say that I love this picture of her. I'm always jealous of her and how photogenic she is. Anyway, I could go on about her good looks but I will save that for another post. This post is about how talented she is and I'm very grateful that she is so willing to share her talents with me. She has always helped me with decorating ideas and even actually doing my decorations. If I have anything in my house that you think is cute or a good idea I guarantee it came from Erin.

When I was pregnant with Jane I went to walmart because I wanted to do a "project" (if any of you know me I don't do "projects"). I bought the letters of Jane's name and some purple paint. When I got home I was all excited to do my "project". I sanded the letters and began to paint. I thought they looked pretty good in the end and hung them up. A few days later I got a call from Erin and she asked if I had bought anything for Jane's room. I said not really but admitted I had bought the letters. She said, "Oh man I made you some letters". Well of course I knew anything that Erin did would be much better than anything I would come up with. I quickly said I will still take them. She told me she would take a picture and then I could decide.

This is what I saw. This would be so much more funny if I took a picture of my pathetic excuse for a "project". Andrew and I both had a good laugh at the comparison and told Erin we would be ecstatic to have them. While Erin was out recently I confessed to her that I wish I had some cute letters for Reynolds. She willingly said, "I will do some for you". I thought about how she also has a four month old baby and did not want to put the burden on her. To be honest I can't remember what was said after that but in no way, shape, or form did I think she was going to do it. While I was vacationing I was doing the normal checking out blogs and saw that Erin had an updated post. When I checked it out I saw this.

Well not actually this but a picture of the letters. This is them actually hanging in Reynolds room. I was so excited I felt like I just got the best Christmas present. Erin I love them so much! I'm really hoping it will inspire me for some additional decor in the room. The colors go perfect with the quilts that my talented mother in-law made. Not to mention they go awesome with the quilt that Erin made for Reynolds as well.

Thank you Aunt Erin. We would have nothing cute without you.

7 comments:

the coltons said...

you have 2 of the cutest kids without me having ANYTHING to do with them :) haha

Megan said...

I remember your 'project' it wasn't as bad as you say it is...although the newer ones are a little better ;) Sounds like you have a fab sister...and a fab friend who got you those quilts for your MIL to fix for their rooms :)

P.S. Don't even think about skippin out on that tag. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

laura said...

That picture of the kids... man can you see that they are brother and sister! the lettlering looks great!

Christy said...

SO cute! I want to do letters too! I have been procrastinating - until today! :-) Thanks Sarah's crafty sister-in-law!

Top Model said...

Those look better than anything us "Hill's" could do! Good thing you married into a talented family!

Kristin said...

Man, Sarah you and I are sisters in this one. I am SO NOT crafty as well. But I too have a super awesome crafty sister-in-law that makes cute things for us. For example: she MADE a scrapbooked cookbook for me. Who does that? My idea of scrapbooking is a blog. Thats about it. :) It's definitely something we BOTH can do!

Jessi said...

The letters are adorable! I'd like to think that some day when I am no longer working full time I will be able to whip out some talent and creative 'projects' as amazing as these...but the reality is that when that time comes I will probably be wishing I too had an "erin" for a sister-in-law:) What great family you have Sarah.