Friday, May 23, 2008

Reporting from San Deigo

We arrived to San Deigo complication free. We are having a great time catching up with the Guiness and enjoying all their commendations. Here is were we have been shacking up. You can't see the pack in play in the corner.



The first night was a little rough but the second night was smooth until the sun rose and Jane decided to get up at 6:20. I guess that is 7:20 our time so thats about right. We spent some time in the pool and hot tub the first morning. I had to get a picture of Reynolds in his super huge swim trunks.


We had the pool to ourselves since we hit it up at 9:oo am to avoid the afternoon rays. It was nice to not have to put sunscreen on everyone. I really don't know if babies are supposed to sit in hot tubs so If anyone knows I'm killing my son let me know. This I do know is that Reynolds loved it. We put him in the pool and he cried, then sat him in the hot tub and he chilled in there forever. I guess it goes with his laid back lazy attitude about life.

Andrew Swimming laps


This morning was what vacationing is all about. Once Andrew got up (I was with the kids so he could sleep in) I hit the gym in my new exercise outfit to run on the treadmill. After I finish I felt kind of bad leaving Andrew a lone with the kids so I came back to check on him. Once I saw that Reynolds was down for a nap and Jane was watching a movie with her new best friend Gabby I took advantage and got my suit to do some laps and relax in the hot tub. I will tell you sitting in the hot tub with no kids around after a good work out made our vacation well worth it and it's only day two. Hopefully I can have more days like this one. I sat in that hot tub for as long as my body would allow me without cooking myself to death. A time to remember in my book. Speaking of books Carmen has all the twilights so I decided with all my down time I will finally see what the hype is. Maybe I will fall in love with Edward too.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

I am JEALOUS you are in San Diego . . . and you will too fall in love with Edward--it'll bring back all the "cute" memories of dating. ;)

Christy said...

I am jealous too! I hope you are having a WONDERFUL time in the hot tub - and no, you aren't killing your son unless its REALLY HOT - (102 plus...). :-)
Think of me shoveling pea gravel in to our dog run while you are in that stinking hot tub. Which I'm sure people have pee'd in. BLAH!
J/k - my jealous side coming out! hahaha! Everything is fine on the homefront! We haven't had to fix all of your steak's (yet) ;-)

Megan said...

I am super jealous...a good run, new work out clothes (I don't even know what that is) and a hot tub! I haven't sat in a hot tub since before I was prego with Annabelle and I could have really used one after last weeks race. Glad you are soaking up some sun - get some color for my psaty skin while you are at it too. I don't know about the whole hot tub thing - but if he is still alive...I think that is a good sign ;)

Speaking of being alive, I am glad you finally texted me back and that the tornado wasn't by your house...I was super worried. Now stop reading this and go read Twilight! I heart Edward.

Monique said...

Awesome! Enjoy your days!

(Who is Edward???)

Sarah said...

monique - I just got introduced to his character in this book called TwiLight so I don't know too much about him but apparently everyone who reads these books falls for him. I hear they are excellent books so I will have to let you know what I think once I'm done.

The Brush Family said...

so i'm totally jealous. the pool looks amazing. i need some R & R in san diego too. why didn't you take me with you?? have a blast and get some sun for me.

Alex Cottle said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! I'm jealous.

The Smith said...

San Diego, add me to the 'jealous list'. Wow. You really deserve that vacation though so good for you. And I really love that you updated your Blog while you are ON vacation...you must really love us:) And speaking of "the vampire books" as I call them, I actually fell in 'love' with Jacob. "Who is he?" you ask. Just keep reading. I'm glad to hear you are reading them. I was totally sucked in to the hype last summer. The last one comes out here in a few months. Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you were going to San Deigo. And no you didn't post that on your blog. Well, I hope you enjoyed your trip.

motherhill said...

What a life! I am so happy that you have such a great freind. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great job representing the Guiness Family on your blog! I will miss you guys when you leave.