Friday, May 9, 2008

Bye Bye Brushes

*Disclaimer: I can't find my pink thing to upload pictures from camera but as soon as I find it I will post up some fun pictures.

A year ago today we bought our first and only home. It seems like it was yesterday. The day before we got a call from Travis my brother in law and our Realtor letting us know that there were a few problems. Apparently the sellers Realtor did not read the contract and forgot to mention to them that they were supposed to pay all the closing cost. Anyway to make a long story short everybody besides the sellers and us came up with the money and we got to move in. We have totally loved our home and the neighborhood. We have great neighbors that I would consider our close friends. To commemorate our move in date our next door neighbors decided to pack up and move out. We feel very unfortunate to lose them as neighbors. For the last month we have been saying it really stinks that the Brushes are moving because of blah blah blah blah blah. I decided that it would be kind of fun to do a top ten list of why it totally sucks the Brushes are moving.

10. No more Free Internet (Thanks Ed!)

9. No more hearing my doorbell ring in the morning and hoping it's a delivery of baked goods from the Brush Bakery. Brian's blueberry coffee cake is still my favorite.

8. No more extra back yard with grass. We literally shared a gate in our yards which was nice to open up and let the kids run free.

7. No more fireman or nurse next door in case of an emergency. I was really banking on Sarah if any of my kids every start choking she could save them.

6. No more late nights playing uno or watching mtv cribs while using baby monitors.

5. No more visits that are supposed to be for a minute that last two hours like the time Sarah came over "just for a minute" to get a second opinion on a very faint line on a pregnancy test that turned into getting pizza, watching basketball and dying easter eggs.


4. No more borrowing eggs, milk, razors or whatever else we borrowed over the year.

3. No more running over to each other houses while the kids are napping to start sharing the stories of the day only to finish one or two. Sarah and I are two nuts together that can never get through any conversation without starting a new one.

2. No more dumping kids off on each other when we just need to do something really quick such as taking a shower and shaving legs.

1. No more best friend right next door that you can sit in a car or loft with to vent secretly about the people who make you mad.

Seriously this is the saddest day that I've had in the year that I've been here. I'm so excited for the Brushes for their new beautiful home that I can only dream of having one day but Andrew and I are totally bummed. People like the Brushes are hard to come by and we will truly miss having them as our next door neighbors. We can only hope that our friendship will continue to grow, I guess they are only move a mile or so away. We love you Brushes and thanks for EVERYTHING! You will be greatly missed.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

I want to cry and I don't even KNOW the Brushes! Relationships like these really are one of the most beautiful things about this life. Thanks for sharing your joy and sorrow with us Sarah. It doesn't change anything, but one of my favorite sayings applies here, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Sometimes remembering this helps me through the hard times.

Megan said...

That is super lame that you are losing neighbors who sound as great as me...kidding. Hopefully you new ones won't be complete weirdo's! I don't think I am making this any better...and free internet- you and Andrew always get deals like that - like with your cable tv in Logan. How do you guys do it? Anywho, good luck - and congrats on the one year mark. I want to join this elusive home owners club so badly cause my neighbors aren't like that :)

Monique said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!

You can borrow milk and razors from us.


sniff. sniff.

The Brush Family said...

Ok so after all I am only a mile away. Everytime you go to safeway, and I mean everytime, you must stop by my house!!! In fact everytime you leave the Rox you must stop by my house. With as much as we gabb you would never end up leaving. I love you guys too and am so happy we became such great friends in only a year. We will have many, many more great times. Thanks for letting me finish your "scraps" this evening, and for everything else you guys do. You take such good care of us!!

Christy said...

Gosh that makes me so sad! I wasn't even that sad - unitl now! In my head I know they are only a mile away but now my heart is sad! :-(
I really will miss Brian's blueberry coffee cake! And I really will miss Sarah's hysterical stories!
You can borrow stuff from me - and I love to play uno!

sniff sniff. Thanks for making me sad!

Sarah said...

Thanks everybody for being sad with me. We need to do a girls night soon.