Sunday, May 18, 2008

Grandpa and Grandma's Hills Visit

Today my parents started their journey home. I sure hope that they make it without any problems. I feel so bad for all that they had to go through to get here. My parents very rarely get the opportunity to travel due to their crappy jobs so I feel so lucky that they chose to come for a visit. It was so nice to have them here. To be quite honest I never expected to enjoy it as much as I did. I love my Mom and Dad so much and it was so great to strengthen my relationship with them as I don't get to see them that often. The minute they walked in the door Jane took to them and wouldn't let them out of her sight. Unfortunately, I don't know how much of a break they got on their only vacation but I sure did appreciate how much bonding they were able to do with my children. My Dad was a sucker for Jane and she sure did take advantage of him. It was so cute to see them together.

Here is a picture of them checking out a kitty cat.

My Mom also spoiled Jane with letting her play games on her computer and even had the patience to hold her on her lap and watch movies with her. My mom really wanted to get a picture with her grandkids but apparently didn't want to ask someone to take one so here is one of the many she shot herself.


I think Jane was a little fascinated with her Grandma and all her accessories. We caught her playing dress up.


Mom also made us her whole wheat bread while she was here so now I can have a little piece of home until it's all gone. The bread is delicious but I must say the biggest highlight of the trip was when my Mom and I went and got pedicures for the first time for my birthday present while my Dad stayed at home and watch the kids. You can see why it was really hard for me to say goodbye to them today after sacrament. In fact my mom and I left each other teary eyed. It took me awhile to gain composure so I spend some time in the nursing room during Sunday school. They will be missed! I'm so thankful for their sacrifice to make it out here to visit my family.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that picture of your Dad and Jane, and Jane playing "dress up" . . . shouldn't it really have been called "dress down--but accessorize" instead? HAHA!

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

I agree the pic of Jane with your dad is super cute - I can't believe how tall she is! And the picture of her dressing up is adorable. I am sure your parents didn't mind one bit that Jane didn't let them out of her site - I bet they loved it! Hopefully you get to see them again soon - I know I would struggle going that long without seeing my parents. And I think you should post some pictures of your pedicure cause I just can't imagine it ;)

Christy said...

I don't know how I missed these? Must have been my hurt brain! The pics of Jane were so stinking cute! Sorry I didn't get to meet your parents!

Check me out - I have CHERRIES! Uh HUH GO ME!
:-0 I am such a geek.