Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms and Moms to be. I hope you all had a good day! Mothers Day can be a pretty depressing day when it seems like your kids or spouse can care less it's the day that you should get a break. I've learned if you don't except much than it is a lot less disappointing for everything in life. I knew not to expect much when on Friday I asked Andrew if he had got my present and he looked at me with a innocent look on his face and said, "Am I supposed to buy you a gift for mothers day? I thought I was just supposed to just make you breakfast and be nice to you all day". Then when we were talking about dinner I asked him if he was going to get anything besides steak and he replied, "Steak we don't need anything else" being completely serious because he really could care less about eating the "sides". So this morning I was totally shocked when Andrew walked into the bedroom with a bundle of Daisy's, breakfast, and a card with a long written message of appreciation. I will have to admit that the thought actually crossed my mind that he went out and picked flowers out of somebody's yard cause I could not think when he would have bought the flowers. Apparently he went when I thought he was helping a friend and left them in the car until I feel asleep. He bathed Jane and helped with what ever he could all morning long until he left to church. He had to go earlier than I to attend a meeting so we met up later in sacrament meeting. When I sat down he said man I'm so hungry I haven't eaten anything all day. I asked him why and his response cracked me up, "I've been so busy I totally forgot about eating". Then he was sweat enough to say, "babe I don't know how you do it". It was nice to have him see for a day what I go through everyday. When we got home from church we made dinner together. Andrew took care of the steak and I covered the sides. It was really a wonderful day for me. I'm so thankful for my husband in making this a special day for me. I love being a mother. It is a lot of work but I would never chose to do anything different.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute!

Top Model said...

way to go Andrew

laura said...

I'm happy you had that moment just in case next year it dosen't happen!(jk)

Unknown said...

oh, don't worry, it will happen every year. this is me we are talking about, after all.

Megan said...

GO ANDREW! Isn't it funny how the little things like helping out are the best gifts ever. When Anna started talking Sunday morning and Ross got out of bed before I could to take care of her - SAWEET! I am glad you a had great day - you deserve it. However, I would never know what it felt like to 'forget' to eat - I always have food with me. Take note Andrew, food is too important to forget ;) And just steak for dinner? What a weirdo! :)

The Brush Family said...

ha ha men!! i'm anxiously awaiting a blog about what a bad momma you are with your running, esp today in the heat, pushing 45 pounds of kid. you go girl.

Christy said...

Ha ha ha! I love it! I was thinking the same thing about Mike! I woke up to a nice gift (a food processor) and pancakes! Then at noon he announces "well, you had a pretty nice mother's day I think!"

NOON!? I get a WHOLE DAY DARNIT!
LOL.

Christy said...

We were talking about it last night - her driving over to pick up Jane, tunes blaring in the drive way! LOL
I already made the hummus! :-) It is SOOOO good! Come over and have some!