Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mountain Mama!

I had just finished a four mile run when an alarm on my phone went off reminding me that the Audubon center was doing free hikes for babies and toddlers. I debated whether to go since the kids weren't dressed, I was terribly stinky and it started in ten minutes. I decided to bust a move and go. Jane wore her hairdo from the day before and I wore layers of sweat from my run. When we got their I learned that it was a group called Moutain Mamas that were sponsoring the event who cater hikes for Mamas and kids. I thought it was totally cool. They gave Jane some binoculars which she thought was the coolest thing in the world.

I finally got out the Kelty pack that I just had to have. I think this was the fourth time I've used it. It will be used more this summer.
Then of course they had some educational things for the kids. This is when everything fell apart. Reynolds wanted to be in one building and Jane in another.
Jane won which resulted in Reynolds having a complete melt down and for the first time started hitting me. Isn't it too early for this? I already have a monster on my hands. I need some parenting advice! I will think twice before busting a move for my kids to get out and have fun when they both can't get it together. Overall we did have an enjoyable morning.

5 comments:

Lynae said...

Fun day! Sarah, you look amazing and super skinny! I'm jealous. :(

the coltons said...

ok, how are you so good? you take your kids out and do things all the time - i suck. good for you :)

Christy said...

Looks like a really great time - where was this?! As far as hitting goes - I believe it's a phase - I think you are so good at teaching your kids, that it won't be long before he knows that "hitting" is not okay. I think he's far from being a monster.

Megan said...

Look at you out running then hiking! I am uber impressed and slightly jealous. I think Jane's second day do is pretty cute, actually. Isn't the bed head thing in anyway ;)

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great program! I lvoe this picture of Jane smelling the daisies. Perhaps she'll be an amazing horticulturalist someday.