Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cough It Up

Like most little girls Jane likes to help me out in the kitchen. One of her favorite things to do it help me make guacamole. I usually keep a closer eye but last night I needed her to be distracted longer so I could make sure my taco meat turned out to perfection. I put the avocado in the bowl and told her to mash it and then tell me when she was done. To my surprised when I turned around I saw her shoveling the last piece of avocado into her mouth. Avocado's are a specialty in my house. I tell Andrew that when we are rich I'm going to buy them all the time and eat one a day. You could only imagine how I felt when Jane ate a whole one in a matter of minutes and didn't even share. Luckily I had another one on hand.


8 comments:

the coltons said...

man, i'm with jane - i can eat an entire one in minutes and not share :) my FAVORITE way to eat avocado is on a yummy grainy bread, mashed, fresh ground pepper, and 2 fresh tomato slices. it is HEAVEN. man, i wish i had all of those things right now!!!

Megan said...

We heart avocados too. In fact thinking of them right now reminded me how you ate a bunch from the salad bar at Sizzler and so did Jane when she was just a wee one. At least she was trying to help you with dinner and you were letting her. I usually just get frustrated with Anna, send her outside with her dad or sit her in front of the TV while I make dinner. And you wonder why I think this next kid should be my last ;)

The Brush Family said...

Jane is such a cutie! avo's you get them on super cheap sale. why aren't you buying and freezing? lemon juice or vit c tablet-crushed with water-it shouldn't brown, right? try it and tell me if it's any good. btw-i'm out of my free cheese. i should have gotten 12 more packets, bc you know how i love cheese. let's go to the canery. i'm dying to get super cool/cheap stuff there. is there cheese??

Kristin said...

Sarah, that girl of yours is a wild one. :)

Chellie said...

Nice. Looks like a repeat of what I do in the kitchen EVERY time we have Avacados! Go Jane, Go! Miss ya and your cute family... I still keep up with Grey's and, oddly enough, our TV is right where your used to be. Sometimes I just imagine you and Meg right there with me!!

Heather said...

i like avocados, but i certainly don't like them that much! reminds me of my friend who use to eat tomatoes like an apple - yuck!

Top Model said...

Way to go Jane, eat them all!

Christy said...

that made me laugh out loud - hysterical!!! I love avocado's that much too - I buy them at sam's club, they end up being a buck a piece - and worth every dollar! :-)
I don't think you can freeze them tho - :-(