Thursday, May 14, 2009

Family Home Evening

I love it most when the kids are clean and in their pajamas. On Monday I realized I forgot to have FHE when I was bathing the kids so I told Jane she could teach us the lesson if she hurried and got ready for bed. I couldn't help but snap some shots of the kids. For those of you who have no idea what FHE (family home evening) is, it's a night we dedicate to spending with the family that generally has a spiritual lesson, game, songs, and treats.Generally you start with a song
And prayer
Jane gave us our lesson. She said it was on Jesus and being good. Hey Andrew did you get that out of the lesson?

We finished up with some songs. Jane always insists on leading everyone.


***Disclaimer*** this was the song after the closing song that is why you hear Andrew yelling to basketball in the background.

9 comments:

Taylor and Denton said...

I love how Reynolds starts to lead too. I miss those days when they were cute.

Taylor and Denton said...

Sorry I don't know how T got on there but it is me Betty

Kristin said...

Jane can be the chorister when she grows up. It was one of my favorite callings, you know.

Megan said...

Your daughter is such a ham! Love how Reynolds want to be just like her too ;) But my favorite was the disclaimer. I wish we were able to hang out while our husbands watched sports like to good ol' days. **sigh**

Kristi said...

So cute!:)Its fun when they are pleased with any little kind of a lesson, it gets harder as they get older!

Top Model said...

Too cute! I miss those lion jammies! I love that Reynolds is trying to be like his big sister and start leading.

The Brush Family said...

my fav was the disclaimer too!! loved catching up on all your recent blog posts.

Christy said...

I love how she is directing! The disclaimer was priceless!

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give to attend FHE at your house! What fun families are, huh!