Monday, May 11, 2009

Camp Out #1

Our plan is to do at least one camp out a month this summer. Last weekend we went on our first thanks to Andrew planning it out with some friends. Overall, it was a lot of fun minus Reynolds puking on my pillow and Jane getting her faced burned by some ash. The weather was supposed to be cold with a little rain but luckily it turned out perfect. It was nice to go before the mosquitoes are out.
Jane and Reynolds helping Daddy set up camp.
I was in charge of dinner so went with the easy stand by of hot dogs but I decided to give corn on the cob cooked in the fire another try. I guess the trick is to soak it in water first. It turned out pretty good or at least my piece did.
The kids sitting with their Dad infront of the fire.
Jane, Ellie, and Emma sipping on their hot chocolate with their awesome bed head.

We went on a super mini hike to keep the kids busy. They enjoyed throwing rocks in the water and climbing the hill.

Renny was such a good sport in spite of how he was feeling. It kind of worked to my advantage cause he was so mellow. He was content just chillin in the chair.

7 comments:

the coltons said...

i'm jealous - did i just say that about camping??? :) it looks like fun and is inspiring ... makes me want to get out with the fam :)

Kristi said...

You guys are so fun! We have yet to go camping as a family:) I think this will be the year!:)

Harada's said...

Looks like so much fun! You make me jealous =)
We also love to go camping and plan on going a lot this year!

p.s. that corn looks yummy!!

Megan said...

You are a good wifey to go camping every month. I like camping, don't get me wrong...it's just a lot more work than I think every time I go. Especially with kiddos in tow. Looks like you guys had a good time though...minus the whole puking on your pillow. No es bueno. Although it was funny to read about ;)

Kristin said...

I'm sorry about the puke, but I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Christy said...

Looks like it was a blast - LOVE Janes hair! I love camping too! We should go together sometime!

The Guiness Family said...

Glad to see you are raising them right! lol. I love it! we will see you in the mountains.