Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Bowl

I will admit I've been totally lame about blogging lately. I have a few pictures I want to post from our vacation. So stay tuned. While you are waiting you can read about Andrew's turkey bowl game that I totally stole from sister blog, Deborah that her husband buck wrote. So if you are into football you can enjoy this play by play of the 15 minutes my sister and I watched to get some pictures.

Andrew Cottle, Jake Hill and I decided to mix it up Turkey Bowl style....Met with some people from Deborah's church at Cody's school and play some two hand touch/tackle football. It was too cold for the kids, game time kickoff was in the low 40's, but the men persisted. Thanks to Deborah for taking the snapshots and for Sarah for watching the kids in the car.....

Here is a sequence, where if you focus on the eyes of Andrew and the others, this would indicate the ball was tossed to the endzone by a very handsome QB but fell through the hands of one Jake Hill. It was a costly 4th down drop for a touchdown and the QB never forgave the inexperienced rookie. In fact, the photographer felt so bad for the intended receiver dropping the ball, she instantly deleted the pic of the ball going through the intended receiver's hands....smart sister!


Good form by the QB but not sure if this was executed to perfection.....most likely Andrew, in the white shirt, shook off his defender ( grey shirt) and caught the rock for an easy first down!
About 40 degrees at kickoff...here you could see the breath of some of the athletes...notice the grass stain on those sexy white leggings, around the knee.....I play for blood!
Here is Andrew scouring the defense for an opening! His teammate is just trying to keep his t-short tucked into his pants.....Even Deborah noticed this oddity on a football field.
Sometimes you have to keep the lil ones happy...Hopefully the lil unknown tyke in the red shirt will not develop into a Terrell Owens or Randy Moss!
Jake Hill looking good with his hands in his pockets......
Andrew is asking the QB, " What in the heck kind of route is that?"

Buck is directing traffic for one of the various trick plays he tried to pull off over the day.....

The good
Got taken out by the big guy.....luckily he did not lay into me like he could have....at this point, it was somewhat two hand touch! I am just glad he did not land on me like he did with a player in softball this year, where he separated the other guy's shoulder.
video



The bad....good form but bad execution ...watch the late hit on Jake...cheap shot artist...

video

The ugly....the Daddy throws a pick 6 the other way.......I actually ended up throwing 2 of these and I blame my offensive coordinator trying to force the QB to spread the ball around. Both of the interceptions I threw were to players with questionable hands and the Daddy should have known to throw the ball to our version of Steve Largent/ Andrew Cottle.

(There are supposed to be some video but I could not get them off the blog I'm sure no one is too sad)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yeah for a new post. I am impressed that your husband even lets you come and watch...and that you want to! LOL. Ross plays football every year Thanksgiving morning and I have been told not to come. Nice huh? (but I secretly don't mind) I hope you are recooping wiell from your trip and long long drive in the car.