Thursday, December 18, 2008

I made bread.

I've been talking about making bread forever but have not felt motivated enough to do it. When I was at my parents house I had some of my mothers homemade bread. The quality is so much better than store bought bread and it taste so good. My mother gave me a bag of yeast for Christmas so I decided when my bread ran out that I would take the plunge and do it. It really wasn't so hard and it turned out great. Still not as good as my mom's but way better than store bought. I even made a fanny cal zone that looks a lot better than it tasted, but still presentation has to count for something right? For most this is no big deal but for me it was cause I don't bake or try to make fancy stuff.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmm. That bread looks delicious. I have yet to make a homemade loaf of bread. Ross does that in our house, so of course he only makes white bread. Your wheat bread looks so tasty!

pamc said...

Sarah, I am so impressed with your bread. It looks beautiful, like an advertising set up. I have such talented girls in my family. How did you ever find time to do it without having 4 little hands in the dough? Can't wait to see you in a week or so. Love Pam

Johanna said...

Yumm! I've been making bread to give to the neighbors for Christmas this year. I always think, while I'm doing it, "why don't I do this more often? It tastes so much better!" But it is best fresh, and I can't seem to bake bread every week. Oh well -

Jessi said...

Way to go Sarah. I am very impressed. You make me want to give it a shot. Last year for my birthday Sean got me a 50lb bag of wheat and a wheat grinder. I was way excited, but in the end it turned out that Sean didn't complete the grinder ordering process so it never showed up. by the time we realized this we decided maybe we should hold off on it...and now here we are 18months and one honkin' bag of raw wheat later. Seeing your bread make me want to get the wheat-grinding ball rolling again. We'll see how it goes.

Colorado Firefighter said...

wow! betty crocker is it? brian will be so impressed. i'll make sure i show him.

motherhill said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU IT LOOKS GREAT!