Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation

We decided it was time to visit our families since it had been over a year. We made the trek over to Monore, UT to spend a few days with Andrew's Mom and Dad. We had an excellent visit as always. It is always so relaxing to be in their home and enjoy their company. I was so excited that they still had some leaves on the ground because I didn't get my fall pictures of the kids and I knew it would be too late once we got home.

During my photo shoot with the kids my batteries died on the camera and I forgot to replace them for the duration of the trip so I will have to steal from others. My good friend Megan came down with her husband Ross and daughter Anna. We had a great day catching up with them. Jane loved playing with Anna.

As we were all packing to hit the road they entertained themselves by sitting at the top of the stairs and shouting out the colors as the nightlight switch colors.

We made good time to Boise with little fuss from the kids and enjoyed a week with my family. It was great to hang out with my sisters. Although when it's only the four of us I'm generally the butt of the joke. We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with all the family that lives in Boise. Andrew got to play some football as read in a previous post and also got to go to a BSU game. We enjoyed time away from the kids and even got in a date. The kids did much better than ever excepted on our 12 1/2 hour journey home. We were grateful to arrive in safety as we came home to a foot of snow. Here are a few pictures that my sister got of the kids playing together. Reynolds loved playing in the bus he thought it was so cool to go in and out of the door.



5 comments:

Top Model said...

We loved have you guys here....we miss you!

Megan said...

I am glad they did so well on the super long drive home. It was so fun to see you guys again. Hopefully it won't be another year before we get together!

Harada's said...

Sounds like you just got home from a fun trip to!
To answer your questions you asked on my blog. We flew to utah and then did A LOT of driving! ANd yes we were at my aunts house that I used to live with.=)
Those pics of your kids in the leaves are super cute!!

scharee said...

wow...did you do the 12 1/2 hour trip home straight through?! if so, that is amazing. also, dani wanted to invite sarah b to her "party" on tuesday {even if she's not up for it yet). would you add her as a guest like with the playdate, either that or just send me her email. that way when i eventually get around to having another playdate i'll have it.

scharee said...

oops, i meant thursday