Sunday, October 12, 2008

Painting Project

Andrew and I are not the "project" kind of people. In fact we are lucky just to keep our grass mowed and the house clean. We have been talking about painting our house ever since we moved in. The previous owners did a lovey job painting and most people would prefer their choice of colors over mine but I wanted to personalize my house with my style. After much talk it was actually Andrew with the motivation that we finally got it done.What do you think? Not sure I got the right blue and I definitely need to find some different accent colors since one of mine used to be blue. Any ideas?

Before (this is the only picture I could find)

finished Product
How much I like it is yet to be determined. Regardless I'm so proud of us that we did a project and didn't just waste another Saturday. We had a little help from Andrew's mom but overall we did it. We both were about to quit when we saw all the detail work that needed to be done but we stuck it out and finished. Now what color to paint the next room? Last night I had dreams I was painting it yellow but my dream was all weird cause I remember painting the couch.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Uh, yeah. I would recommend NOT painting the couch. :) I think the blue looks great!

Top Model said...

Just add some orange and it can be a BSU kitchen!

the coltons said...

i would not recommend painting yellow next to blue :) i did it once and had to repaint because i felt like i was living in a baby shower :)

Unknown said...

Funny Deborah Andrew was saying we could do yellow and it would be a Chargers kitchen. Thanks for the advice Erin. Now you need to help me with the accent colors.

Unknown said...

I think that we should do a big yellow thunderbolt, you know, for good luck.

Megan said...

Sarah you crack me up! 'I wanted to personalize my house with my style' Hilarious. I think it turned out good. I wouldn't know the first thing about painting since I have yet do be able to live in a place where I can do so. **sigh** I am jealous!

The Brush Family said...

holy blue. i must see it in real life before i decide. i'm sure it's totally cute though and remind andrew that it's a good thing (for many reasons) he's not married to me. ha.

Christy said...

I'm with Sarah - I need to see it! I guess this explains why I haven't seen you!
Here's a tip - If you can't decide on accent colors, take the color to Home Depot - and put the color in the computer. It will give you accent colors that go with that (in the same hue's etc).

Dunn Family said...

I love the blue! It looks great, and good job! Painting is a lot of work, I still need to finish painting my house. One day! Oh and I made the pumpkin template and just taped it on. Zoey had a blast.

Megan said...

So I got your comment about coming through soon and I so want to see you. Even if I have to drive to Monroe, but know this...if I do, I am spending the night because that is too long for me to be in the car all in one day. I know I am a wuss. Seriously though! I am super stoked. You pick any yummy thing I have baked on my blog and I will totally make it and bring it. All your friends that read this are going to think I am a desperate weirdo. Well I am! I miss you guys!!

The Brush Family said...

quick, test paint some of the brown paint. i'm ready to see it. thx for the adventure today.....

The Guiness Family said...

I vote for the Charger kitchen. But I love blue and yellow (just come to my house) It just depends on the yellow. Great job! I am married to a professional contractor and hardly get projects done...