Wednesday, September 3, 2008

End of Summer

I totally blew it with getting some cute pictures from the swimming pool. We spent three days a week during the summer at the local rec pool. I always forgot my camera thinking it was no big deal cause I will get some next time but I never did. I did get these few pictures of Jane and her friends. I really wanted to get some video of Reynolds jumping around in his floaty and planned to do this our last day with daddy there. However, Jane got her first bee sting and we had to leave after only being there a short while.


You probably can't tell in this picture but this is Jane flying her kite. Andrew and I actually got this kite and another when I was pregnant with Jane for something to do one Saturday afternoon. We went to the dollar store and got a strawberry shortcake and Pokemon kite. I'm glad that two years later my kids can use them. I would say a dollar worth spending.

6 comments:

Christy said...

aww that's a bummer! Sorry 'bout the bee sting! You know - K got stung 3 times last summer! Not by bee's but by wasps. Vile little creatures!

Cute pic tho! :-)

Harada's said...

Thats so sad Jane got stung! How did you treat it? I dont even know what to do. My kids have never been stung yet (knock on wood)
Sounds like you were at the pool as much as me! At least you got a couple cute pics =)
Summer is coming to an end =(

The Brush Family said...

as you well know i'm mourning the loss of the pool already. what will we do all day?? i guess settle in for another cold cruel winter.

Sarah said...

Kimmie I think they would be fine if you did nothing to them unless they swell up a lot. However, Andrew is severely allergic to bees so he thought it was necessary to take her to the store to get some benadryl. The pharmacist said that to give her the benadryl and rub some hydro cortisone on it.

The Guiness Family said...

Reynolds and Jane are getting so big and looks like you kept busy this summer. We missed you at the beach!

Megan said...

3 times a week! What a fun mom you are. I don't take Anna to the pool without Ross - I get bored. Is that horrible or what? mOstly because I have to hold her and try and control her the whole time. Sorry about Jane getting tung - that is no fun at all. I miss the dollar stores in Logan - there aren't any around us here, just a dollar store where everything is not a dollar. What is up with that?