Friday, July 18, 2008

Lil' Tropper

Awhile ago I decided to embrace the summer and buy a pool pass to our local recreation center. It works nicely because it is walking distance so it allows me to get out of the house for a few hours while I'm still carless. Today I was trying to get Jane to get in the stroller but she had her heart set on walking her own stroller with her Barbie in it. I was highly against the idea because I knew she would maybe walk to the end of the street and then insist on getting in the big stroller thus leaving me with her stroller to cart around. I tried to reason with her but she persisted and won. I was throughly amazed when she walked all the way to the pool pushing her stroller not even making a complaint. One the way home I thought for sure she would want to ride in the stroller but she was certain she was going to walk home as well. We did take the short cut on the way back which does involve a hill with weeds and mud but she made it yet again without a peep. I was so proud of her especially since we had done the same walk with my nieces a week ago and half way home they asked, "How much further? It's too hot!"

Here is Jane reaching the top of the hill

She really wanted to pose

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Goes to show once again that my kids are the best ever!

Sarah said...

Best Ever? I don't know about that especially when Jane rattles our door nob at two in the morning.

Megan said...

I am so sick of not having a car too- there is not a dang thing within walking distance of us either. Wish we both lived in Logan and we could ride the free public transit system and go see each other. Oh well.

Jane is super cute pushing her Barbie - she just wants to be like her mommy! Whenever you post about her I can't get over the fact that her and Anna are only 6 months apart. I can't imagine Anna being a big girl like that, potty trained and all. Maybe Jane needs to have a talk with her ;)

the coltons said...

wow sarah, your kids are so cute! how was that? JUST KIDDING!! they are super cute :) i can't get over how big jane is - every time you put a picture of her up, it is crazy!

Kristin said...

What a lil cutie!

Christy said...

Your kids are the best - they are so stinking cute! By the way, poopie again on the potty! YEAH! :-) Kaitlyn is finally catching up to her year younger counter part!

katzawesomeblog said...

aww how cute

Harada's said...

What a cute little girl you have there! And what a little trooper for sure =)

Jessi said...

Independence and perseverance...these are two very good qualities. You two must be some parents:)

laura said...

way to go Jane! (she really gets that quality from her aunt)

Megan said...

I can redesign your blog if you like. It might not be right away, but this weekend I suppose. Just let me know what you want or if you just want me to have at it! Bwa ha ha. Just email me your password and such with the details. If you have done it once it shouldn't take long to change it.

However, I will only do it on one condition. You make a new post! It has been much too long!