Saturday, July 5, 2008

4 th of July

We woke up on 4th of July and decided we didn't want to spend anytime at home. We had plans to go to Highlands Ranch for a BBQ in the evening so we decided to best utilize our gas and make a day up there. We stopped off at the Woods to drop our food off and pick up Andrew and Hailey to take them to the splash park. The kids had a blast playing in the water.



Then we went back to the Woods so the kids could nap while I went with Johanna shopping. I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart or Target since California. It was so nice just to meander through a store and find things I wanted to buy. I really need to get out more.

Jane and Daddy were so tired while Reynolds had endless fun trying to eat the toolbox


We enjoyed a BBQ with lots of great food. Thanks Woods for hosting!! The evening was topped of with the Highlands Ranch fireworks show that Andrew was pretty disappointed in. Andrew whatever happen to the blog post you were going to write about firework shows? Jane loved to watch and would say, "I catch it" as the flares would fall to the ground. I hope everyone had a good 4th.

11 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a good 4th to me. Happy late Independence Day! So I don't know why I am still impressed, after all your kids are always advanced, but is Reynolds seriously already sitting on his own?

That pic of Andrew and Jane is adorable. Also, I can't believe it has been that long since you have been to a grocery store...well, since it is YOU I can believe it...but how? I have made it a goal to go to the store only once a week - how have you made it a month? You never cease to amaze me!

Sarah said...

Let me be clear Megan. I have been to the grocery stores plenty of times but no Walmart or Target or for that matter no stores that sell much more than groceries. I was dying just to walk aisle and look for bargains. Plus I really needed some stools for Jane to reach the sink and toilet and picture frames for the kids pictures (yes I finally put Jane's one year picture in a frame).

Megan is it really advanced if a almost six month old baby can sit up on his own? I think you give my kids far too much credit. However, I will admit I'm a proud mom but I think that is pretty obvious.

Ben said...

It will be fun when your kids meet mine.

The Smith said...

Glad you guys had a good 4th:) I love seeing pictures of your cute family Sarah. Thanks for always being dedicated and posting them. I have been such a slacker lately...but I think I am back now:)

Anonymous said...

OK, I know I have said this before, but I can't get over how extremely cute your kids are! I especially love that first picture of you and Reynolds. Glad you had a happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

One more thing. I should just send you an email, but that would require me logging into my email and I don't feel like it. Anyway, I'm trying to save money at the grocery store and I have been attempting to use that PYP site. But it totally confuses me! How am I supposed to know if something is a good deal or not? Also, I've been hearing the ladies at church talk about using coupons + sales to get a bunch of items for next to nothing or even free. How am I supposed to do that??? Am I a retard? This shouldn't be that hard.

Sarah said...

lynae I will totally help you. You would be amazed at how much stuff you really can score for free or under .50 cents. I did some research and unfortunately the ladies in Nevada are not so dedicated to the PYP site. I'm going to e-mail you so we can figure out another state that will work for you and then I will teach you how to use the site.

Christy said...

Glad you found the fountain park and enjoyed it! :-)

Harada's said...

Holy Crap SARAH!!! Its your long lost friend kimmie =)
I was blog staulking people and hopping around looking for familiar faces and I found you, how crazzzzy is that!?
How the heck are you? Your little family is so cute! You have a little girl and boy!! arent you lucky =)
So where are you living at?
I cant believe this is you!
I am such a freakin nerd, am I the only one who goes blog hopping occasionally? I feel like such a loser, but oh well. Keep in touch! Its so fun to see what you are up to. =)
Love, Kimmie

Kristin said...

Looks like it was a fun day!

The Guiness Family said...

I love seeing Andrew as a husband and dad. Looks like you are keeping busy this summer!