Tuesday, July 28, 2009

13.1 Miles

Exactly a month ago Andrew and I ran our first half marathon. We had a total blast and were quite proud of oursleves. I'm so grateful that our kids were so patient while we trained. They were troppers on those long runs.

I finished the race is an 1:49:15. However, I decided I can shave two minutes off my time for going to the bathroom and also for being at a complete stop when the race began to get through the slow people. 1:47:15. I placed 32 out of 150 some women in my age group. I was pretty stoked since it was my first race. At mile 8 I started getting some mean blisters. I had a total of five all over my feet when I finally got to take my shoes off. It was slightly brutal but well worth it.


Andrew did awesome finishing at 1:39:15. He had a few unexpected stops as well such as running into the bushes to poop. He of course was disapointed in his time and thought he could have done better. He is planning on doing a marathon over Labor Day weekend so stay tuned.

13 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Congratulations! It brought back memories of getting up early every morning on our mission and you being all energized and ready to exercise when I was ready to crawl back to bed...you go girl!

Harada's said...

Congratulations. That is a huge accomplishment.
I wish I loved to run, but I just dont!
p.s.I hope your feet are ok now =)

Megan said...

You guys both did awesome. And I am jealous that you have got do compete in races this year. We sill have to do one sometime and meet up. I had to laugh that Andrew had to stop and poop - that is a crappy feeling. Pun intended.

Thanks again for stopping by to visit. I know I wasn't the greatest of company, but it was really good to see you!

Lynae said...

You two are amazing! Wish I had the ability/desire to run that far!

Christy said...

you guys are amazing! I can't believe you ran all that way and NOTHING - absolutely NOTHING was chasing you! (smirk)
Seriously - great job!

Chellie said...

Congrats! That's so awesome. I really like to swim or bike more than run, but with that cute picture of you I'm feeling more motivated! :)

Dani said...

you absolutely do not look dorky. I think you look great running!

Kristi said...

You guys are awesome! Way to go!

the coltons said...

what an accomplishment. that is something i will never be able to say i did :) i am proud of you guys!

Jessi said...

I'm SO impressed! You guys are truly awesome. Sean and I were doing so good with our training (me for a 5K and he for a half marathon), but along came his first MS episode and sorta threw us off the track...we haven't gotten back on since. These pictures, and that unforgettable look of GLEE on your face will be good motivation for us. We really really do want to be runners, it's just that slacking off comes so much easier. Needless to say, thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

nice post! that was a pretty awesome race. i hope i dont die doing the marathon...

The Brush Family said...

you guys look smokin fast. nice work mamma.

Anonymous said...

SARAH! I didn't go all the way down on your blog - sorry!! So I didn't see this one! WOW! That is a better time than I got BEFORE I even had kids - and you've had two! Way to go. What 1/2 was it? I am way proud of you. I want that to be me in a year...we'll see. Baby number three is kicking my backside! I'm so glad you did this! You guys are both amazing!