Saturday, April 18, 2009

Monroe, Here We Come

Last Tuesday Andrew sent me an e-mail and asked if I wanted to leave for Monroe the next day for a little getaway. I love spur of the moment trips and of course jumped at the opportunity to get out of town. Then I realized I had a day to get all the laundry done and get us packed. I had bought stuff to die Easter eggs so I wanted to make sure we got a chance to do it before we left. Jane of course had a blast and Reynolds got a taste of vinegar.

The next day we drove to Monroe for a relaxing extended weekend. Joe and Pam are always so good to us and make us never want to leave. It was great to spend some quality time with them. They are a wonderful example to us.


We had a couple days of good weather enough to have a mock Easter egg hunt. Andrew and I also got to sneak away for an 8 mile run out in the country. There is nothing like the fresh smell of manure.

I really wanted to take the kids up the Monroe canyon. The weather was pretty crappy but it was good enough for the kids to throw rocks in the water.

It was a treat to be at grandma and grandpa's house for Easter. The Easter bunny brought way too many Easter eggs, in fact she didn't even care to find them all. I think she was more excited to find her cousin Kate, Aunt Erin and Uncle Weston (they showed up in the early hours of the day). It's so fun to have little ones to make the hallmark part of holidays fun again. Poor Reynolds wasn't feeling too hot and could have really cared less about the day. He did like eating his fruit snacks that he found in his eggs.


We headed to church for sacrament meeting. Jane was bouncing off the walls. Poor Aunt Erin was having to deal with her trying to practically sit in her lap while pulling her dress up. Reynolds and I only lasted through the sacrament because he was burning up so bad.

After enjoying a wonderful meal and some good conversation we headed home. Reynolds was so sick he just slept most the way. We got him to eat some frosty at Wendy's in hopes that it would help cool him off. He enjoyed eating it but I don't think he liked it coming back up. Luckily I had left to take Jane to the bathroom and when I got back Andrew was already cleaning it up. Fun times fun times. When we hit Vail Jane told us she needed to go to the bathroom. Before we got to an exit we were in a snow storm. One lane of traffic was moving and the other was full of cars that were stuck. Jane had fallen asleep so we didn't want to wake her for the bathroom once we got to a safe place. I guess we shouldn't have been too surprised when she peed in her car seat. At least we got home safely.

8 comments:

the coltons said...

oh man, travelling with kids :)

so, kate is saying jane!! :) we were looking at this post and i clicked on all the pictures so she would say it. so cute - JJ is basically what she's calling her :)

they really are going to be best cousins :)

Megan said...

Puke and urination on one trip home - gotta love being a parent. Looks like you guys had a fun trip - spur of the moment is always fun, too bad Ross and I don't do it often. And you gotta love manure runs - yummy ;) 8 miles though?! I am so proud of you!

The Ferguson Family said...

Sounds like an adventure!  It looks like you guys had fun anyways.

Kristin said...

Hope the run was, uh, invigorating. :)

Christy said...

Poor baby - I feel your pain sister! You got some great pictures!

The Brush Family said...

i'm glad you had a fun time with family. i'm so sad i didn't get to dye eggs with you on MRC like last yr.

Tina said...

Love the picture of Bro & Sis Cottle - ADORABLE!

Kristi said...

So glad I could see your cute kids in person!!!