Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reynolds: One Year Wrap-Up

It seems like yesterday I was pregnant and now we are coming up on a year that Reynolds has been a part of the family. Everyday I ask myself what happened to my baby. I wanted to document some things about Renny so I don't forget since my blog tends to be my only documentation these days.

Reynolds biggest trademark is that his right sock and shoe (if he is wearing them) is always off. I don't know what his beef is with having his right foot covered but I can't keep a sock on it for the life of me. The best part is when I clean out the van I find the other half of all his sock.
I don't know what is so cool about this spot but Reynolds loves it. If I'm up stairs and can hear him talking down stairs I pretty much can guess he is in his spot shouting at whoever will listen.
Awhile ago my sweet baby turned from mama's boy to moma's nightmare. He loves to make messes. I tell him to come to me and he crawls the other way while laughing his head off. He thinks he is pretty funny.

Everyday he gets in my pantry and disorganizes my organized bottom shelf.

This is a new one that we try very hard to not have any repeats. There is nothing like a re-wrapped roll of toilet paper.
Renny loves to eat apples and pears. He can eat the whole thing. In fact today he had half the apple core as well.

Playing with his sister is one of his favorite things to do. Jane is having a hard time with having him in her space. She often tells me it is time for Reynolds to take a nap or he needs his own kitchen but overall she loves him and loves it when he will sit and have a tea party with her.

Nightly the kids make "pumpkin pie" while I'm cooking dinner. Renny loves to stir the water in the pot.


There are many things that I would love to show you on video, but unfortunately Renny will rarely cooperate. Reynolds already prays. I know, a little advanced but what can I say maybe we have a General Authority on our hands. He will fold his arms before meals and babble. When he knows it's time for family prayer he will do the same.

He enjoys watching skate viedos with his dad. He will shout and point at the screen the whole time and say skateboard. Of course it is not clear as day when he says it but you can tell he is saying it. In fact Reynolds loves to talk and can pretty much repeat some things you say to him. Some words that I remember him saying only after asking him to repeat is skateboard, football, apple, Ben (his cousin), Baby, bye bye....that's all I can think of at the moment. Here is a little clip the best I could get of him saying anything.

12 comments:

Lynae said...

That was a great post, Sarah! Reynolds is such a cutie!

The Brush Family said...

I am totally serious, I really think Ren is advanced. His talking and eating, I've never seen an almost one-yr-old say so many words. What a wonderful first yr he had thanks to an amazing mommy and daddy. Keep up the great work you two.

Top Model said...

He is a cute kid! I can't believe I was just there a year ago when he was born. I can't believe how much he looks like his dad!

Harada's said...

He is so cute sara! your baby is growing up, doesnt time fly by to fast!?
Its fun to hear more about this cute litle guy of yours =)

Dunn Family said...

how fun! I cannot believe it is already a year as well. They grow too fast. I can't believe Colston is already 5 months old. almost 6 months already! Crazy!

Jessi said...

It's all the little quirks that make them so special. Thanks for the post Sarah. Watching your kids grown helps me to not be so afraid to have my own some day.

Cynthia said...

aaaaahhhh the toilet paper thing... I've been there. Gotta love it! The is a cutie!

Christy said...

You have done a great job with him - (both of them for that matter)! He is just so adorable! The sock thing really cracked me up! And - at least it was the toilet paper, and not the "toilet"! K loved to play in the toilet - and for a germ-a-phoebe that was pretty much the worst thing ever for me!
Man - time flys! It really does seem like yesterday when you were telling me you were pregnant!

The Guiness Family said...

I love the picture of Jane in her charger dress! I can't believe Reynolds is a year! wow, where does the time go.

the coltons said...

okay, sorry i haven't posted yet - but my blog list said you hadn't posted in 2 weeks - did i really miss your post? anyway, reynolds is so cute and holy crap! all those words? kate just says dada and dog (which sounds like dada) :) you go, ren! :) and eating an apple? how many teeth does that little man have? kate's still working on 3 and 4 getting all the way out. you guys have 2 adorable kids. love you!

Megan said...

For some reason I missed this post? I loved this post - you have such a cute lil' guy. I love that you are teaching him the necessary words like 'football' and 'skateboard'. Haha. The toilet paper thing is the craps. And most of all, I wish my kid ate as well as both of yours. Hopefully this next one won't have the gagging and vomiting problem..

Kristin said...

Man, I was behind on your blog! Little Ren is adorable!